When to Stay Home document will help families and staff determine the best course of action for students & staff to return to school based on known exposures and symptoms.
- The YCS Operational Guidance for Schools to Support Safe In-Person Learning will guide how we handle students/staff who are positive with Covid and who have Covid like symptoms and have been exposed to Covid-19.
- We are no longer excluding students with Covid-19 like symptoms for 5 days from school unless they have been exposed to Covid-19.
- Students/Staff with Covid-19-like symptoms who have been exposed must stay home for 5 days unless they test negative and are symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Wearing a mask is encouraged for days 6-10. It is no longer a requirement.
- Covid leave pay is no longer available. This ended with the Governor lifting the state of emergency related to Covid-19. Staff members who are positive will need to use sick leave for any absences related to Covid.